Impact Prototypes Labs
2020 – 2021
Impact Prototypes Labs (IP Labs) is the first program for the development of social impact prototype solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) situated in Piedmont. The program is based on the collaboration between the entreprise and a multidisciplinary group of MSc students of Politecnico di Torino, accompanied by experts in a project-based training course on social impact.
The broad network of partners of IP-Labs defines an experimental ecosystem for SMEswhere the focus on social impact becomes a source of innovation for companies and an opportunity for growth in relevance, resources, visibility.
Acquiring now the development tools of your business in terms of social impact means preparing in a conscious way for an innovation relevant to our customers/consumers, adding an authentic story of choice, concrete and measurable in terms of revenue and relevance.
The 2020-2021 edition is founded on an ecosystem made up of skills and reputation: the Cottino Social Impact Campus and the Politecnico di Torino, Camera di Commercio di Torino, Unicredit, Unione Industriale Torino, API Torino, Confindustria Canavese and Torino Social Impact take up the challenge of the impact economy and follow the development of Piedmont’s SMEs.
After the success of the first edition with 6 social impact projects proposed, the second edition is open to 25 companies.
Each of the selected companies will be engaged with a multidisciplinary team of students to develop the impact project together in 4-6 months.
For all SMEs in the Piedmont Region who want to embrace and spread the knowledge and awareness of impact-oriented business strategies within the company.
For Politecnico di Torino Master’s Degrees students who wish to learn in practice how to build impactful initiatives within firms.
Why should a company participate?
- To develop a social impact innovation project
- To grasp the opportunities of allocated resources by the impact economy at a European level
- To expose your business to impact investing opportunities
- To differentiate on the market in terms of skills and visibility
- To add the impact lens to your positioning
- To receive dedicated training from Cottino Social Impact Campus and Camera di Commercio di Torino
- To expand and consolidate relationships with institutions, research and education.
Why should a student participate?
- To acquire skills on innovation and social impact
- To connect with local companies and other partners and open up to internship and job opportunities
- To learn how to manage a complex innovation project by working in team
- To have the opportunity to analyze and develop a real business case
- To have a tutor available for project management support
- To get the chance of developing the project in a Master’s Degree Thesis
- To get the recognition of curricular or extra-curricular educational credits.
Project team of Politecnico di Torino:
Project team of Cottino Social Impact Campus: