Generazione Futura 2030.
A program for sustainable development education
Generazione Futura 2030 is an innovative educational program conceived with the aim of contributing to the implementation of Goal 4 of the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development “Quality Education” – and in particular Target 4.7: “By 2030, ensure that all learners acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development and sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development”.
Main intervention lines:
- Education to sustainable development and global citizenship
- Guidance to changes in job market, in new professions and in the development of new economic and social models (from economy 4.0 to society 5.0)
- Guidance to new voluntary activities and to civil economy
- Promotion of innovation and educational research
- Design of orientation track, the development of transversal and foresight competences
- Implementation of innovative service learning projects and school-work alternation
- Teachers and volunteers’ training
The initiative is promoted by Centro Studi Avis Nazionale, City of Vasto High Schools, Avis (Regional, Chieti Province and City of Vasto), Vasto Rotary Club, Pilkington Italia SpA. Cottino Social Imapct Campus is among the Scientific Partners of the program.
Goals and methods
The aim of this initiative is to engaging with the interested parties, by offering them spaces for thinking and acting about and for sustainable development. The teaching methods include: co-design of training tracks, guidance and support for educators and design of educational programs – peer education.
The pilot project involves at the moment 4 high schools in the city of Vasto, Abruzzo.