Venture philanthropy & impact investing
A journey through the global trends and developments in institutional and individual philanthropy, the world of impact investing and methods of social impact evaluation. The programme offers a view of impact that generates knowledge and can be integrated in an organization’s business strategy, focused on meanings and management of impact, with a focus on impact evaluation methods. Philanthropy and impact investing as two powerful instruments for individuals and organizations that aim at social change.
For those who want to delve deeper into the concepts and developments of individual and institutional philanthropy, to explore the world of impact investing and distinguish the different meanings of social impact, the frameworks and methods conducive to and supporting impact evaluation. For those working in traditional or venture philanthropy, for investors and donors – foundations, third sector organizations, social investors, banks, philanthropy advisors, public and private sector managers, consultants.
Learning Journey With:
Aims and methods
The aim of the course is to strengthen the mutual knowedge between venture philanthropy and impact investing, exploring the different meanings of social impact, the frameworks and methods used to manage and evaluate impact. The teaching methods are manifold: lectures, national and international case studies, groupworks, exercises.
Contents in a nutshell
- Data, trends and evolution of venture philanthropy at the global level
- Philanthropic vehicles: evolutions and actors
- Impact investing: players and tools
- Social impact: what it is, how to manage and evaluate it
- Frameworks and methods of Social Impact Evaluation (SIE)
What will I learn and be able to do?
- Identifying different forms and tools of individual and institutional philanthropy
- Understanding and critically decoding the complex ecosystem of impact investiments
- Choosing the most useful tool to evaluate my social impact.